Wednesday, October 10, 2012

August Art Board


I have had a blast planning out the art and art board for my at-home preschool! Every month I let the girls help me put it together, and then are happily surprised when they come back to school to find it hanging on the wall. They are very proud of their art, and being able to help. They tell anyone, and everyone all about it. Here's how I put it together:
I hand-drew the sand castle and palm tree to serve as a teacher-created art. For the ocean waves I painted on white tissue paper with varying color shades of watered down paint. Once dry, I cut out the curvy shape of the waves and pieced it all together randomly. The remaining artwork was done during the prior week by the girls. They include a paper sandcastle craft, handprint crabs, and footprints in the sand. Then we had our August masterpiece. :)

No comments: