Monday, May 6, 2013

January Art Board


This is our Winter/New Years art board. Here's how I made it:

For the snowy hill I used a piece of white butcher paper, then painted on a mixture of epsom salt and water which creates a snowy effect. We made winter handprint lilies by tracing hands on white paper and cutting out the hands. I then rolled the handprints together to create a flower base, then rolled the fingers down with a pencil to serve as petals. Then I painted on epsom salt to create a frosty flower appearance. The snowflakes were made with white painted popsicle sticks. We glued on a mixture of dry pasta noodles, carefully painted them white paint and sparkle glitter. I made the New Years sign by gluing black letters onto each piece of construction paper, then outlined the letters with blue, silver and gold glitter.

No comments: